New York is Among Best For Teen Drivers
According to a recent study, New York has been ranked among the best states for teen drivers.
With teens obtaining driver’s licenses during the summer more than any other season and an average of six teens dying every day from motor vehicle injuries, Wallethub has compared the states to determine the best and worst for teen drivers.
In order to determine the safest and least costly driving environments for U.S. teenagers, the states were compared based on 23 key metrics. The data set ranges from the number of teen driver fatalities to the average cost of car repairs to the presence of impaired-driving laws.
New York was ranked as the 2nd best state for teen drivers. Here's the breakdown:
Teenage Driving in New York
- 3rd – Teen Driver Fatalities per Teen Population
- 4th – Teen DUIs per Teen Population
- 1st – Presence of Distracted-Driving/Texting-While-Driving Laws
- 7th – Premium Increase After Adding Teen Driver to Parent’s Policy
- 1st – Provision of Teen Driver’s Graduated Licensing Program Laws
- 1st – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 6th – Presence of Occupant-Protection Laws
- 19th – Quality of Roads
- 1st – Presence of Impaired-Driving Laws
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center