Pier 1 Imports To Close Hudson Valley Location
Pier 1 Imports will close one of their three Hudson Valley stores as the company looks to turn business around. The Town of Ulster location will close on Wednesday, February 26th according to the Daily Freeman.
Located in the Ulster Crossing Plaza, 'Store Closing' signs were spotted in the window Monday. The Freeman reports the store employs around 15 people but only a few are considered full-time employees.
The news comes as part of an announcement to close up to 450 of its 950 Pier 1 stores in the US and Canada. CNBC recently reported the company has lost money in eight quarters in a row. In addition to store closures, Bloomberg reports the company will be firing around 40% of its executive staff or around 300 people.
You can find additional Hudson Valley Pier 1 locations in Poughkeepsie and Middletown.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center