Postage Prices Going UP, PLUS Other Places to Buy Stamps in the Hudson Valley
Ok, it is happening again. The USPS is raising its price on stamps, but just first class stamps. The new price changes go in to effect on January 22, 2017. How can you save a bit of money before the increase? Purchase the 'Forever' series stamps now and you will be able to use them after this and subsequent increases. Don't have time to make it to the Post Office to purchase stamps before they go up? Scroll down for a list of places in the Hudson Valley that you can purchase stamps
The First-Class Mail prices for these products are, from a USPS.com press release
- Letters (1 oz.) was 47 cents, will now be 49 cents
- Letters additional ounces was 21 cents it will stay at 21 cents
- Letters to all international destinations was $1.15, will remain $1.15
- Postcards was 34 cents, will remain 34 cents
Places in the Hudson Valley that you can purchase stamps other than the post office:
- Most grocery stores. Ask your cashier or go to the customer service counter
- Most banks. Yes, really. The next time you go into your branch, ask your teller. Some banks also sell stamps through their ATM's (this of course varies by bank).
- Staples stores.
- Walmart, ask at the check out or go to the customer service counter.
- USPS.com, yes, you can buy stamps through the post office website, they will charge you a small convenience fee to do so.