Poughkeepsie Receives Multiple Applicants For YMCA Building
The City of Poughkeepsie has announced that it has received several proposals for plans for the long-shuttered YMCA building. That information has just been made public.
- The 35 Montgomery Community Coalition, which includes Community Matters 2, Inc., DAY ONE Early Childhood Learning Community, Dutchess Community College, Dutchess County, MASS Design Group, Nuvance Health, Poughkeepsie Farm Project, Poughkeepsie Public Library District, Vassar College, and YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County is proposing a multi-use facility that would provide services connected to their respective missions in the community. Click here for additional info.
- Andrew Gori and Ambre Kelly, co-founders of The They Co., are proposing to establish a Poughkeepsie Museum of Contemporary Art. Click here for additional info.
- Christopher Bledsoe, an aquatic consultant at Swimming Past the Boundaries, is proposing The Swimming Past the Boundaries Aquatic Center (SPBAC), a 22,000-square-foot indoor aquatic facility. Click here for more info.
- Artist Carolyn Hutchings Edlund is proposing an Art Museum. Click here for more info.
The City of Poughkeepsie has appointed an advisory committee that will help determine the final choice. A public meeting will soon be announced for residents to allow for feedback on each proposal.
The question is, which proposal do you think is best for Poughkeepsie?
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center