State Finally Shoots Down ‘Cuomo Chips’ Loophole at Bars & Restaurants
If you want to hang out at the bar and drink you'll need to order more than just a bag of chips.
If you're a Hudson Valley resident and you've been on social media or a local restaurant you've probably noticed that there have been some new menu items added recently.
It was just last week that Governor Cuomo announced that bars and restaurants could not serve patrons with just alcohol but they could order alcoholic beverages if they ordered food as well. Many Hudson Valley bars got creative very quickly with some down right hysterical options for food that wouldn't run up a customers tab. One pub in Saratoga offered 'Cuomo' Chips and a bar in Peekskill even offered cheese and crackers.
According to Fox News, the State Liquor Authority has caught on to the loopholes and has now changed the guidelines forcing customers to purchase 'substantial food' with your alcoholic drinks.
The restrictions are supposed to help patrons stay socially distant. Alcohol may be a factor working against that objective.
Things may get worse before they get better for local bars and eateries.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings