The Mantifly Will Haunt My Dreams Forever
What the hell is this thing? Did you know these things even existed?
I don't know what this bug is but it's absolutely terrifying. At first I was told that it was a hybrid of a praying mantis and a dragonfly. After a search on Google I found no such proof of that even existing.
It kind of looks like it has the butt of a wasp. It turns out this species is called a mantifly or mantisidae. Isn't it cute?
I know, it is pretty terrifying. Let's just hope they don't swarm like wasps.
Have you seen any of these here in the Hudson Valley? They dangerous? Do they sting?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America