The Top Borrowed Books From New York Public Library System
Do you love your library as much as Nick and I love ours? I have become obsessed with reading since I discovered the Libby (and Overdrive) apps. If you have a library card from the Mid-Hudson Library System, you can download the Libby app and check out books through the app and read them either through the Libby app or through the Kindle app.
From my experience, if you only use Apple products, you might prefer the Libby app. If you like to read from multiple locations or have android devices, you might want to use the Kindle app, because you can read on multiple devices and they will sync together (on wifi).
The New York Public Library is marking its 125th year and they have taken a look at the most checked out books in their history. Here are the top 10 most checked out books from the course of the last 125 years:
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats: 485,583 checkouts
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss: 469,650 checkouts
- 1984 by George Orwell: 441,770 checkouts
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak: 436,016 checkouts
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: 422,912 checkouts
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White: 337,948 checkouts
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury: 316,404 checkouts
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie: 284,524 checkouts
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling: 231,022 checkouts
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle: 189,550 checkouts
So, as you look at the Top 10 list, how many of those books have you read? I can personally say that I have read 4 of the 10 and now intrigued by the others.
Do you take advantage of the amazing resource that is your local library?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America