This Church Says “Ok” to Same Sex Marriage Everywhere
Are you in a same sex relationship and follow the Episcopal faith? Last week at the meeting of the church's General Convention in Austin, Texas voted and will be allowing same sex couples to marry in every diocese, including their local parish.
Yes, the Episcopal Church had been allowing same sex couples to marry, but some were allowing bishops who were against it to not have the ceremonies at their parishes. Now, should a same sex couple want to get married, they will be allowed to get married in their home church and the ceremony will be performed by members of the clergy who do not mind performing same sex ceremonies (from other churches if necessary) to perform the nuptials.
Are you a member of an Episcopal Church? Has your parish been for or against same sex marriage? Will they now allow the ceremonies to take place?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America