Tire Safety Week, How to Check Your Tires & Other Tips
Tire Safety Week is May 20 to May 27, 2019 and the Rubber Manufacturers Association wants to remind drivers of the following tips, from the Be Tire Smart, Know Your Part flyer, here are a few things to remember:
- Check inflation pressure at least once a month and before
- Check tires when cool. After driving, tires need
at least 3 hours to cool.
- Remember to check the spare.
- Visually inspect the tires to make sure there are no nails
or other objects embedded that could poke a hole in the tire and cause an
air leak. Check the sidewalls to make sure there are no gouges, cuts, bulges
or other irregularities.
- Tire inflation pressure increases (in warm weather) or decreases (in cold
weather) 1-2 pounds for every 10 degrees of temperature change.
Other tips from the RMA include, making sure that your car has proper alignment, remember to rotate your tires for even wear and make sure that you have at least 2/32 of an inch tread on your tires.
For more information, check out the Rubber Manufacturers Association website at USTires.org.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America