Top Hudson Valley Butchers
Do you think that Butchers are obsolete? That locally raised meat or artisan sausage is only a think on the Food Network? Not so! The Hudson Valley has multiple butchers right here. No, not the ones that you find at the big box grocery stores (no disrespect meant, a great resource but we will save that for another time).
Always make sure to let the butcher know how you are thinking about cooking the meat you are purchasing and when. The butcher or meat purveyor is a great resource for not only cooking methods, but can also suggest cuts of meat you may not have thought of for your recipe.
- Hudson Valley Sausage Company, Vineyard Ave, Highland. (Try their stuffed pork chops!)
Fleishers Craft Butchery, Wall Street, Kingston, Closed March 2017
- Barb's Butchery, Spring St, Beacon
- Marbled Meat Shop, Route 9, Cold Spring
- Quaker Creek Store, Pulaski Highway, Goshen
- Woodstock Meats, Mill Hill Rd, Woodstock
- Applestone Meats, RT 209, Accord (Home of the Meat Vending Machine)
- Alpine Pork Store, RT 23B, South Cairo
The number one rule about going to the butcher shop? Check to make sure that they are open before you go. Some have different hours, ie only open on Friday & Saturday.
Is there a butcher that should be included on this list? Email Brandi@WRRV.Com to have it added.