Town Of Poughkeepsie Announces Additional Bulk Trash Days
The Town of Poughkeepsie has announced additional days for local residents to drop off bulk debris at the transfer station on Burnett Blvd. While there are no dates for July, there are several options for August and September.
The previously announced dates of August 15 and 29 from 7A - noon will go on as planned. New dates announced are August 10, 11, 12, and 13 from 7A - 3P.
Items like appliances, BBQ grills, and lawn debris will be accepted but computer monitors, televisions and paint will not. You can link up with more information at the Town of Poughkeepsie website or you can call the Solid Waste Management Department at (845) 486-3604.
Anyone who would like to use the service must have proof of town residency and a photo ID before you can unload. It's free of charge and trailers and open vehicles must be tarped. Commercial haulers and businesses are not allowed access to this station according to a recent newsletter.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- RUSH HOUR: The Hudson Valley's 10 Busiest Roads
- 13 Classic Hudson Valley Diners That Do It Right
- HISTORY: How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- FAMOUS: Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- 10 Orange County Locations On The National Register of Historic Places
- DEMO: Drone Footage Captures Historic Psyche Center Demolition