Unusual College Scholarship: Duck Tape Prom Clothes
Thinking about prom already? Maybe you also are thinking about heading off to college? Why not combine the two things? Every year the Duck Tape Company gives out money for the best prom clothes made out of their Duck Tape.
This year there will be one $10,000 prize for the best dress. A $10,000 prize for the best tuxedo and then 8 runner up prizes of $500 each that also comes with a $100 Duck Tape brand product bundle.
The contest doesn't officially begin until April so you have plenty of time to start designing and time to gather up all of the duct tape that you will need. Are you interested? Start drawing and check out all of the info on their website.
Here are some important dates from the stuckatprom.com website.
The 2019 contest timeline is as follows:
- Contest Begins – 12:00:00 PM EDT on April 1, 2019
- Contest Ends – 11:59:59 PM EDT on July 9, 2019
- Entry Period – 12:00:00 PM EDT on April 1, 2019 – 11:59:59 PM EDT on June 3, 2019
- Judging Period – June 4, 2019 – June 18, 2019
- Community Voting – 12:00:00 PM EDT on June 18, 2019 – 11:59:59 PM EDT on June 28, 2019
- Winners Announced – On or about July 9, 2019