Walk to End Human Slavery This Weekend in Poughkeepsie
Slavery isn't just something you read about in history books. It's happening here in New York and could be right in our neighborhoods.
Human slavery is a growing problem not just in other nations but in America as well. It's happening right here in Dutchess and Orange County and this Saturday many men, women and children will take to the streets to bring awareness to the issue.
Studies show that the modern slave trade is a billion dollar industry. There are several cases of human trafficking that have made headlines recently just out of New York City. We're naive to think that it doesn't happen here in the Hudson Valley.
This weekend many will march to spread awareness. The 2nd Walk for Freedom will be held this Saturday, the 19th at 10:00 AM at City Hall in Poughkeepsie.
You can get more info and pre register HERE.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America