Washingtonville 9-11 Memorial Park Allegedly Vandalized
Sad news from Washingtonville as it was reported that the 9-11 Memorial Park has been ht by vandals.
September 11, 2001 is a day that many of us cannot forget. If you were old enough to remember there's a good chance you can recall just about every detail from that day. Though many people throughout the country have moved on and only observe the tragic day once a year the aftermath from the attacks are all but forgotten to many New York residents. The Hudson Valley is no exception. Several community members from the Hudson Valley lost their lives on that infamous day.
According to a Facebook post, the Washingtonville Memorial Park located at the St. Mary’s Parish Center was hit in a disgusting act of vandalism. The memorial was hit with graffiti and the flag pole was cut down according to the status on Facebook.
You can get details on how to donate to help fix and help clean the memorial by messaging the group, Washingtonville - Blooming Grove 9/11 Benefit Fund.
If you have any information about the incident please contact Washingtonville Police Department.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings