WHOA: Meteor Reported Over New York, Northeast Late Wednesday [VIDEO]
Did anyone see it? Hundreds of reports came in late Wednesday of a bright fireball in the night sky. NJ.com is reporting that over two hundred reports were reported to the American Meteor Society about a bright light that blazed across the night sky over the northeastern United States around 11 p.m.
Reports came in from New York, as well as a number of states such as New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia.
People took to social media to share pictures and video of the light that was said to be greenish with sparkling edges.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
<!-- END CODE --