Yankees President + Wife Make Donation to Hudson Valley Family
Tragedy struck a Hudson Valley family when a small plane crashed into their Union Vale home on August 17th and killed local resident Gerard Bocker while seriously injuring one of his daughters.
Out of that tragedy, local residents have donated more than $100,000 to help the Bocker family's financial situation. And according to the Poughkeepsie Journal, the most recent act of kindness comes directly from New York Yankees club President Randy Levine and his wife Mindy.
The Journal reports when Mindy learned of the tragedy she reached out to Town Supervisor Betsy Maas to see how she could help. With the donations already in place, she wanted to find a way to have an impact. One area that still needed to be sorted out was to find a place to live. Ms. Levine ended up giving Maas a check that would cover rent for the Bocker family for the entire year.
Daughter Sarah and son Wil, who lives in California, escaped serious injury but Hannah Bocker remains in Westchester Medical Center in serious condition. The family will soon move to a home located in Tymor Park which is located on town-owned land. The local town board had agreed to reserve a home on the property for the family. But now thankfully, they'll be able to afford a place to live while the family focuses on Hannah's recovery thanks to the Levine family along with countless members of the community.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center