You Can Buy a Table Made From The Tree From Shawshank Redemption
This has to be one of the most expensive pieces of movie memorabilia ever.
Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm actually watching it right now. If you remember the movie, after Andy Dufresne's famous and triumphant escape from Shawshank Prison he sent Red a letter telling him to check out a rock that shouldn't be there near an old white oak tree. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. Ring any bells?
According to CNN, it turns out the tree is over 200 years old and it was reportedly knocked down by a during a storm.
Apparently, the leftover wood is being used to make large tables and mega fans are paying over $50,000 for them. I wonder if someone is carving "Brooks was here" on them.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America