At What Age Should Kids Get a Cell Phone?
I got my first cell phone when I was 18 but I guess time are changing.
How old were you when you got your first cell phone? I was out of high school when I got my first brick Nextel phone. It didn't have a camera and it couldn't text. It had the the two-way feature. My dad would always hit my walkie talkie at the most embarrassing times.
A new survey from Alarm.com says that over 2,000 parenting experts claim that kids should receive their first cell phone at age 12.
At first I was a little baffled by this but it does kind of make sense. I liked to talk to my friends on the phone when I was 12. I'm sure not much has changed but now there is no land line connection. Does the kid use the parents phone? I wouldn't want to give my phone up for that long.
Just because a child has a cell phone doesn't mean that they need a iPhone XR with every feature. Maybe just a flip phone would suffice?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America