Bannerman Island Set To Present Live Action Dracula Performance
Things are about to start getting spooky on Bannerman Island with a presentation of the live-action Dracula play.
The play, based off of the acclaimed Crane Johnson version, will take place on September 20, 21, 28 and 29. The tour will depart from Beacon with two options at 6 and 7 PM. Production will begin after dark.
Tickets are $65 apiece and should be booked in advance to secure your spot. Each of last years showings did sell out in advance.
According to the Bannerman website, it's a dark tale about Dr. Seward, his fiancée, Lucy, and their mysterious neighbor, Count Dracula, but here the events take on intensified effect through the heightened action and simplified staging of this fast-moving new version.
Please note there are two scheduled departure times and one showing of Dracula. Attendees are asked to arrive 30 minutes early as the boat does not wait and refunds are not given for missed transportation.
*The September 28th show is now sold out.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center