Bernie Madoff Reportedly Ill & Wants Out of Prison
Younger generations may not even know who the notorious scammer is but he was involved in one of the biggest investment scandals of all time and he doesn't want to die in prison.
Bernie Madoff raked in over 60 billion dollars from thousands of investors with a large scale Ponzi scheme.
According the New York Post, Madoff's lawyers recently filed a motion in a Manhattan federal court to exit his 150 year prison sentence early. Apparently, the 81 year old prisoner is at that latter stages of a severe kidney disease.
Madoff's lawyers claim he's no threat to anyone and has no history of violence.
The Post reports that he has roughly 18 months to live.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America