Can Whiskey Really Help Fight the Flu?
Can whiskey really help during flu season?
Whiskey might cure what ails you, literally. Didn't get a flu shot? You may be able to help it with 'grandpa's old cough medicine.'
According to Galoremag, alcohol could help fight your cold. Not just any alcohol but whiskey. The article claims that whiskey can relieve pain and stress. The whiskey dilates you blood cell and allows mucus to help fight your illness. They do recommend that you keep the drinks to a minimum because alcohol is a diuretic and can cause slow down your immune system.
Maybe it's worth a try. I'm not a doctor but I'd be willing to text this medical experiment. If you want to test the theory yourself you can try getting your cure in a few weeks at World Whiskey Festival.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America