Did You Forget Aboot Canada Day?
I bet you forgot about our neighbors to the north today.
It comes around once a year and a lot of us seem to forget about our pals upstairs. It's pretty easy to get mixed up in the American Independence Day shuffle. The 4th of July is rapidly approaching but the first of the month is a big day too.
Today is Canada Day. Should we Americans celebrate it?
According to CNN
It wasn't always called Canada Day. It used to be called Dominion Day. They started celebrating Canada's formation in 1868.
I would have though Canadians and people of Canadian descent would spend all day playing hockey,, eating bacon and drinking Molson.
That couldn't be further from the truth. I guess they celebrate it similarly to us celebrating our independence day.
Needless to say I'm a little disappointed.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America