Final Bannerman Island Tour Set For This Weekend
One final tour has been added for Bannerman Island for 2019 so Hudson Valley residents can check out a unique perspective of the fall foliage.
The Estuary Steward will depart this Saturday from the Beacon Waterfront from the Beacon Institute Floating Dock at both 11 AM and 12:30 PM. Tickets are $35 for adults and $30 per child. Tickets can be obtained by calling (845) 203-1316.
Proceeds from tours and events on Bannerman Island go towards the restoration and reconstruction of structures on the island. In recent years the former Bannerman family home was restored as a visitor center, towers and walls have been stabilized and sidewalks have been replaced.
Expect more tours, movies, plays and other special events when Bannerman Island springs back to life this spring. For more information on how the island's restoration came about, you can visit their website.
Did you know: While most call the island Bannerman Island, its true name is Pollopel Island. It's called Bannerman after Francis Bannerman VI who used the island as storage for his military surplus business and is responsible for the construction of the castle structure and home.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center