Former Hudson Valley Organic Herb Farm Property Up For Sale
If you've been looking for a place to grow your organic herbs, this Hudson Valley property could be a great fit. But keep in mind, you'll have to stick with legal herbs for now if you want to avoid trouble.
The unassuming looking property on Route 82 in LaGrange was actually a quite successful retail and wholesale certified organic herb farm with more than 60 employees at one point. Rockhedge Herb Farms operated out of the facility until the business was sold.
The real estate is on the market separately and the 4.85-acre plot of land includes two commercial buildings with 9,920 square feet of space. There are two large walk-in coolers (one (50x10 the other 25x10), loading dock, office space, and plenty of room to expand.
According to a 2014 Poughkeepsie Journal article, Rockhedge Herb Farms purchased organic produce from farms from New York to Hawaii and would process everything by hand at this LaGrange facility. They would distribute to almost 500 East Coast supermarkets and worked with more than 50 different farms.
The property is listed for sale for $479,000.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- RUSH HOUR: The Hudson Valley's 10 Busiest Roads
- 13 Classic Hudson Valley Diners That Do It Right
- HISTORY: How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- FAMOUS: Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- 5 Jobs That Led Simon To WRRV
- DEMO: Drone Footage Captures Historic Psyche Center Demolition
- 10 Orange County Locations On The National Register of Historic Places