Grappling Tournament To Help Tap Out Cancer
Grapplers of all skill sets are needed to help tap out cancer.
Most wrestlers and jiu jitsu artists compete for medals, belts and even bragging rights. but a few local athletes are training for a tournament where there is a much bigger reward.
Several grapplers will be competing in a large tournament while raising funds to help fight childhood cancer. The event is called Tap Cancer Out and competitors are getting ready for the ninth annual tournament at the . Most tournaments require a registration fee to compete. The fees collected from Tap Cancer Out's registration will benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand and help fight childhood cancer.
The tournament requires each participant to raise a minimum of $250.
The goal is to raise over $320,000 and to help nine children.
The tournament is on March, 29 at the Floyd Little Athletic Center in New Haven, CT.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America