Jersey Kid Sues Playground For Slide Being Too Steep?
This is a new one. Only in New Jersey, right?
Recess was one of the best parts of going to school. It was actually one of my best subject. Well, recess and lunch were my best subjects in school. Will slides and playgrounds eventually become a thing of the past?
According to the New York Post, an elementary student in New Jersey recently won a significant amount of money from a lawsuit including a playground slide. The student won a $170,000 settlement after sustaining injuries from a slide that was roughly 5 degrees steeper than regulation.
Will slides be the next thing to banned? Is there an inherent risk that comes with playgrounds?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America