Kale No Longer the #1 Super Food What’s Taking It’s Place?
Ok, so you finally got around to the idea that eating kale wasn't so bad. After all, this one food was supposed to be a 'Superfood.' What the heck is a Superfood? According to the dictionary it is "a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being."
For those of you who are thrilled that they no longer have to pretend to tolerate kale, here is what a new survey of nutritionists done by the group, What's Trending in Nutrition Survey, says is the new superfood that you might want to try eating. The new 'thing' is fermented foods. These are foods like sauerkrauts, kimchi, miso and sourdough. Other fermented foods that make the list include Kefir (a yogurt like drink), kombucha and yogurts.
The reason that nutritionists are now loving these fermented foods is because of their healthy good gut bacteria. Just in case you need more reasons to add these to what you eat, here are three reasons from mindbodygreen.com:
- Fermented foods improve digestion.
- Fermentation actually makes foods more nutritious.
- Fermentation also helps get rid of anti-nutrients.
What do you think? Will you try it? Bring back the kale or pass the pizza?
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- What is a ‘Kill” & Why Does NY Have So Many of Them?
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- Did One of Your Favorite Businesses Close in 2018?