Local Breweries Win Big at NYS Craft Beer Competition
The second annual New York State Craft Beer competition took place in Rochester, NY last month, with 642 New York State-brewed beers, all vying for honors. According to a press release from Governor Cuomo's office, the New York State Craft Beer Competition is sponsored by the New York State Brewers Association, Taste NY, the Raise a Glass Foundation and the Great New York State Fair. The competition is open to any New York State craft brewer, with awards given out in many different categories.
For the second year in a row, Threes Brewing, based in Brooklyn, won top honors, the Governor's Excelsior Cup. Over 70 medals were awarded, 23 of them were for Gold Medal winning beers. Here is a look at all of the winners across the state.
Here are the local big winners:
- Brown Ale: Roscoe Beer Company, Trout Town Brown Ale - Roscoe
- Fruit and Spice Beer over 6.0 ABV: Glenmere Brewing Company, Wicked With - Florida
- Fruit and Spice Beer 6.0 ABV and lower: The Peekskill Brewery, Hidden Track - Peekskill
- Porter, (Non Imperial): Glenmere Brewing Company, Box'd Smok'd Porter - Florida
- New York State Beer: Roscoe Beer Company, Trout Brown Ale - Roscoe
What is your favorite New York State Craft Beer? Do you have more than one favorite?