Looking Back At My 20 Years At WRRV [Photos]
I just hit a big anniversary. I've been working at WRRV for 20 years now and it's been a great ride. I like to think I have at least a few more in me. Another 20? Definitely not.
Taking a look back at my time with the station I've been fortunate to interview and meet some of my favorite bands. Eddie Vedder and Dave Grohl haven't returned my call yet, but you never know what's around the next turn.
When I started out songs like Sugar Ray 'Every Morning' were big, Limp Bizkit was red hot with 'Re-Arranged' and Citizen King was on top of their game with 'Better Days'. The first two interviews I had were a phoner with Johnny Reznick of the Goo Goo Dolls whom I hung up on by accident and then up next was Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and that was pretty bad too. Thankfully with some practice, my interviewing skills have advanced to mediocre at this point.
Here's a look at some of my favorite artists I've had the chance to meet, although the #1 coolest famous person I've met will always be James Earl Jones. It's hard to top that.
Oh and thank you for voting me the Hudson Valley's 'Best Radio DJ' for 2019 courtesy of Hudson Valley Magazine. I'll probably write about that at another time.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center