‘Mental Health Days’ Could Make Their Way Into NY Schools
We constantly hear how important our mental health is so why shouldn't kids be able to take a day to recover mentally?
According to News 10 ABC, Brand new legislation was recently introduced by Senator, Brad Hoylman that would allow kids to take a day off from school should they feel they need it for mental health benefits. Members of the New York Association of School Psychologists are fully behind the idea.
It's important for young students to be aware of their mental state during their school career. Many of them deal with daily struggles of stress, anxiety, fatigue, depression and even thoughts of suicide.
Statistics show that over 4,000 kids were hospitalized for trying to hurt themselves. 4 counties in the Hudson Valley ranked in the top ten highest for suicides rates in New York.
Should kids be able to take "mental health days' off from school?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America