Need Money? Census Takers Are Needed, Here’s How to Apply
Looking for a (temporary) job? The United States Census Bureau is hiring people to assist with the 2020 census.
Depending on which Hudson Valley county you would based in the pay is $20.50 to $23.00 per hour for census takers and then you are also eligible to have some expenses reimbursed, like mileage. Employees will be paid weekly via direct deposit.
Interested? You have to start by applying online. The application process takes approximately 30 minutes and you will need the following information to get started
- Social Security number
- Home address (physical location and mailing address)
- Email address and phone number
- Date and place of birth
If you are looking for a temporary gig and think this might be for you, check out the FAQ section of the US Census Bureau website, or call 1-855-JOB-2020 (1-855-562-2020). If you want to speak to someone in-person about the job, check out your local library to see if they have representatives available, ie, the Lagrange Library has someone from the US Census Bureau every Monday 11 AM to 5 PM through February.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America