New York Gun Applications See a Spike After Monsey
Citizens are applying for firearms in higher numbers after the Monsey tragedy and other anti-Semitic attacks throughout New York.
After the horrible and violent attack that took place at a rabbi's home in Monsey, residents of Rockland County have decided to exercise their second amendment rights.
According to reports shared from the New York Post, dozens of citizens in Monsey have filed for applications to own a firearm. They also reported that there were around 60 new applicants in total throughout Rockland County and there has been a spike in applications since prior to the horrific act of violence.
According to FBI statistics, 2019 had the highest number of firearm background checks.
All purchases in New York made legally are done so in accordance to the SAFE act which limits the function of certain firearms.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America