It was reported that three police officers were hospitalized earlier this week after allegedly tasting bleach from the cup of a milkshake they purchased.

Tensions are getting higher between police officer and civilians with no signs of lowering especially in New York.

According to the New York Post, three police officers from the Bronx were hospitalized after claiming they tasted bleach immediately after consuming a milkshake they purchased from a lower Manhattan Shake Shack.

In a follow up article from the New York Post, a thorough investigation determined the bleach taste may have been due to equipment not being cleaned properly.

The officers have since been released from the hospital.

According to, ingesting bleach can burn esophageal tissue along with your mouth and stomach. Bleach can also lower your blood pressure and be fatal.

Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.

Read more:

Hudson Valley Restaurants With Outdoor Dining