Should We Have a Gender Neutral Santa Claus in 2020?
New year, new Santa? Should it be Mr. or Mrs. Claus? Some think it could be both and some think it could be neither.
Traditionally, we associate Christmas with a magical man who knows if you've been bad or good and his wife who makes cookies and is the brains of the operation. Times are changing and some believe Santa Claus should change as well. According to the New York Post, a mother was shamed on Facebook for saying "father Christmas."
Gender neutral is term that throws away social institutions like gender roles and gender identity.
Should Santa be neutral? I mean, the name Santa is kind of androgynous to begin with.
The internet is divided. Some think it will only confuse kids. Others think you should choose to celebrate whatever way makes you happy.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America