STD Numbers Drop During Coronavirus Outbreak
While flattening the curve against the coronavirus it turns out we're helping stop other diseases as well.
Does socially distant mean that people are being physically distant as well? A lot of people have avoided dating and intimacy while under quarantine and others may be using more precautions now when hooking up with strangers.
The New York Post reports that the number of STD cases in New York City has dropped roughly 80% since the city has shut down.
Is social distancing rules to blame for the recent drop in cases? It seems to be the obvious answer but before we get too excited it's worth noting that the Post also reported that several of the health clinics that test are closed and many people may be postponing their tests.
I'll remain optimist and believe thart we're doing our part and respecting the guidelines.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America