Stop Saying I Eat ‘Old Man’ Cereal—It’s Ageist
It wasn't overnight, but at some point in my life my cereal options got far less fun.
Cereal will always have a special place in my heart. It's gotten me through most of my life. I've been eating cereal at all times of the day for as long as I can remember. It's even replaced a few meals in my adult life too. If we're being honest it's got everything you need to keep you going like vitamins, calcium, sugar and carbohydrates. It could be the perfect fuel.
I love cereal. I'm honestly a fan of all kinds. I consider myself a cereal connoisseur. My picks have gotten a little band as I've matured. My cupboard has gone from being filled with Boo Berry and Fruity Pebbles to Raisin Bran and any kind of that Kashi cereal that's on sale. To be fair, this is what my better half buys so its what I'm stuck with. They wouldn't be my first choices but I've grown to accept them.
Recently, I was mocked on social media for my cereal choices for being too old. Do I have the cereal taste of an 87-year-old?
Am I too old to have some Cinnamon Toast Crunch in my life? Is Trix really just for kids?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings