Ulster County Consumer Affairs Has Advice to Combat Robocalls
Have you been having issues with robocalls on your cellphone or on your landline? A robocall is a when you hear a recorded message instead of a live person. Robocalls from politicians or charities are legal, but if it is someone trying to sell you something or any other type of message it is illegal.
Here are a few tips from the Ulster County Attorney’s Division of Consumer Affairs, via press release:
- Hang up. Do not press any key or respond, as this could lead to you getting more of these robocalls.
- Block the numbers, easier to do on your cell phone but if the calls are coming on your landline, you will need to contact your phone service provider. Depending on the phone company there may or may not be a charge.
- Report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or by calling 1-888-382-1222.
Have you had success blocking these calls or stopping robocalls? Let us know.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America