Where’s The Best Black & White Cookie in the Hudson Valley?
You might not think much of these things but they're worth their weight in gold outside of New York.
When I first moved to New York I was definitely hit with a little bit of culture shock. Nothing could have prepared me for the traffic, high taxes and of course the food. there's so much food native to our area it can be overwhelming. New Yorkers can also take it for granted as well.
When my parents first came to visit me from my home state of Michigan, my mother fell in love with black and white cookies. There's just one problem. They're not an easy dessert to obtain in Michigan. In fact, a lot people outside of New York don't even know what these are.
I need your help, Hudson Valley.
I'm heading back home to see my parents for a couple of days and I would love to bring my mother some black and white cookies.
What bakery or grocery store do you recommend I get them from? Do you have a go-to place for these?
Help me out.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings