Anonymous Person in Lower HV is Leaving Small Gifts on the Streets
This might not be the biggest story you'll see all week but it's certainly one we need.
There has been a lot of negative stories making their way through our feeds lately. I'm not going to criticize or discredit these stories but I think I can speak for everyone and not just New Yorkers when I say we need some good news. A random act of kindness that has hit the Hudson Valley is going viral for all the right reasons.
Have you ever put on some pants or an old jacket only to find you accidentally left some money in there? That short burst of dopamine is enough to immediately put you in a good mood. It's a great feeling isn't it? It's a feeling that an anonymous stranger is trying to do in the city of Peekskill. According to a post on a Facebook, a stranger is leaving small gifts of money on the streets to help make some days a little brighter for residents.
The woman who discovered the small gift of a single bill wrapped in a little bow did not need so she left it for the next person.
This is something that I hope we see pop up all over the Hudson Valley more frequently.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings