NYC Hard Cider Week Kicks Off on November 8
There are many great hard ciders that are being produced in New York and the big NYC Cider Week will be taking place November 8-17, 2019 at various locations through out the city.
For instance on the first day of the festival, November 8, you will be able to attend 7 different tasting events. For the full list, click here. Two cideries that you may have tasted at the Hudson Valley Cider Festival, Naked Flock in Warwick and Nine Pin from Albany will be featured at many of the New York City events.
Hard cider is made from fresh apples and apple juice and gluten free. One of my favorite cocktails to make is using the Nine Pin Ginger Cider. This is called a Kentucky Mule, but you can swap the bourbon for vodka and it becomes a Moscow Mule. Swap out the bourbon and replace it with dark rum, like a Myers or a Black Strap and you can call it a Dark n'Stormy.
- 2oz bourbon aka 1/4 cup
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- 3 dashes of orange bitters
- Nine Pin Ginger Hard Cider.
Add ice to a pint glass, then pour the bourbon on it, squeeze the lime, add the ginger cider and then the 3 dashes of orange bitters. Voila, a Kentucky Mule. Enjoy.
Do you have a favorite hard cider? Or do you prefer another beverage? Let us know.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America