Remaining Span Of Old Tappan Zee Bridge Removed
The final retired section of the old Tappan Zee Bridge was lowered onto a barge Friday as Governor Cuomo was on hand to tour the site. The original expected cost of the project was $5 billion and was finished under budget at $3.9 billion.
...it was the project that could never happen because it was too ambitious, it was too difficult, there were too many obstacles, potential litigation, it was too expensive. And we said no we're actually going to get it done. And not only did we get it done, we got it done in four years, on time, under budget.
Remnants of the eastern span of the bridge remain in the water and will soon be lifted away.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center