Researchers Say Adulthood Doesn’t Occur Until Your Thirties
Something tells me that that this might only be true for men.
We've all been led to believe that we all become adults when we turn 18. There's not much you can't do other than drink legally. Does that mean your an adult at 21? According to research we have grown up with a flawed idea of what adulthood really is. Some researchers don't think that full adulthood occurs in our mid to late thirties.
According to The Independent, neuroscientists from The University of Cambridge believe that our brains go through serious mental developments in our mid twenties. Habits and new behaviors can occur in that time like mental disorders and addictions.
What do you think? If our brain isn't fully developed our we really adults? Are we even ourselves?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America