Signs of Oldest Trees on Planet Found an Hour From HV
Nature as we know it today could have all began right here in our back yard,
A huge discovery about our planet's forestry was made recently it's pretty fascinating. It's pretty astonishing to think about how far humans have come during our short term on this earth. Scientists believe we've been here for about 200,000 years. Those same scientists believe that trees have existed for nearly 400 million.
According to the New York Post, researchers recently discovered some fossilized forestry in a quarry near Cairo, New York that could date back roughly 386 million years.
Roots of an extinct tree called Archaeopteris were found.
How cool is it that some of our planet's primitive beginnings could have all began right here in Upstate New York.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America