Small Toy Causes $3000 Emergency Room Bill
Parents, have you been in this situation? You have your toddler or 4-year-old come to you and you realize that they have not one but two pieces of a toy some how, shoved up their nose.
You take them to the Urgent Care where they are able to extricate one of the little plastic items, but they were not able to get the other one out of the nasal cavity. So you are now on to the emergency room. You wait a bit (and occasionally you will wait somemore). Eventually you are seen by a doctor, physicians assistant or nurse practitioner. They are quickly able to remove the little piece of plastic from your cherubs nose with out the use of surgery or anesthesia. You probably weren't even in the ER bay more than 10 minutes.
How much do you think that bill is going to be? One family in Las Vegas had this happen to them. Their bill? $3000. Have you ever had to take your kids to the ER? How much was that bill?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America