What Direction for Ceiling Fan Be in for Summer Relief?
So you have a ceiling fan and it is getting a serious workout this summer, but could it be working better for you? Did you know that there is one direction that your fan should be going in for the summer and a different one for the winter?
Yep. To maximize for ceiling fan cooling during the summer months, you want to push the hot air down straight down. To do that you want your fans going in a counterclockwise direction. You should also increase the speed, as it gets warmer to help cool the room.
For winter months, you will want to make sure that your ceiling fans run in a clockwise rotation and on the lowest speed. Information from HomeDepot.com was used to write this post.
Have you already changed your ceiling fan direction? Did it make a difference?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America