Over $20,000 Stolen From Dutchess County Animal Rescue
A local animal rescue discovered this week that they were robbed.
Compassionate Animal Rescue Efforts of Dutchess County, CARE of DC, shared shocking news on their Facebook page on January 27th. The local animal rescues checking account was hacked.
It's being reported that $23,477.79 was stolen out of the account.
CARE of DC said in a statement "We don't know how or why someone would do this to an animal rescue, we only know that it happened." They also add that this will affect them in the future as they have committed to taking in "close to 100 dogs and cats in the next 4 weeks."
Without these funds, the organization might have to refuse the incoming rescues.
The CARE of DC staff has been working with the local Sheriff's Department to figure out how and why this happened.
For more details about CARE of DC you can visit their Facebook page.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America